Clay Date at YAY CLAY!
Clay Dates are $75 per person (minimum 2 people). The clay date is a 2-hour instructional wheel throwing class. Included in this class are all materials, firing costs, and choice of glaze color which you can choose at the end of your class. This class requires a return contactless pickup to pick up your finished glaze pieces around 3 weeks after your first visit. Yay Clay also offers an option for the shipping of your finished work at an additional cost of $15 per piece.
If you want to make your YAY CLAY! experience extra special and have the entire studio to yourselves, reserve it for $399 and call us to make this special arrangement.
This art studio makes for a fun and unique place to spend an evening with that special someone. Learn something new, get creative, and take home a handmade ceramic piece to remember your great experience:
- Get one on one instruction with our highly skilled staff
- Choose from more than 20 glazes to personalize your pieces
- All works will be food, oven, dishwasher, and microwave safe
- (FREE GIFT) get a $25 restaurant.com gift card to be used at hundreds of participating restaurants
- If you choose to reserve the entire studio for a private date night ($399 for 2 guests) you will be given a $50 restaurant.com gift card to be used at hundreds of participating restaurants. Please note: This is only for 2 guests. If you want to add more individuals you can either purchase multiple 2 person clay dates or if booking with a larger party to please look at our private events page, https://yayclay.com/private-events/
How it Works
On the first visit, you and that special someone will learn wheel-throwing and hand-building techniques as you each craft up unique pieces, which will be fired in the kiln at the end of the session. Popular projects include cups, mugs, bowls, and small vases. By choosing this unique clay date you will have added time to create more elaborate projects (mugs with handles, as well as time for adding stamps and designs) plus enjoy the free arcade and other studio amenities longer. At the end of your class, your pieces will go on a shelf to dry out and will be fired in a kiln (ceramic oven).
Your piece will be ready for pick up three weeks from the date of your glazing session. Pick up can be scheduled here.
All the materials you need will be provided—just bring your favorite bottle of bubblies an enthusiastic attitude.
YAY CLAY PRO TIP: You can wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Smocks/aprons are provided to keep guests clean. If a little clay gets on your clothes it comes right out with water.